It’s Never Too Late To Prepare For Inclement Weather
With these frigid low temperatures, it’s never too late to prepare for inclement weather. When the temperature starts falling, it’s time to consider a Low Temperature Alarm System. Freezing weather could lead to frozen and bursting pipes causing water damage to your home, business and valuables. Don’t wait until it’s too late! Save time, energy and money.
Below are some tips and reminders on how to protect you and your home from this winter season.
- Install a low temperature system to protect your home/business from freezing. When your heating source stops working, your house is at risk to freezing temperatures. A low temperature system will allow Mahoney Alarms to notify you when your house/business drops to a certain temperature, resulting in immediate action for you to repair the heat source. A low temperature system:
- Can save you thousands of dollars in damages from burst pipes
- Ensures the temperature is at a safe point when leaving pets home alone during the day
- Protects second homes/vacation properties
- Is locally monitored, 24/7, with highly trained dispatchers responding to alarms
- Ensures the temperature at an elderly relative’s home never drops too low
- Protects vacant properties you may be renting
- Using your Virtual Keypad app to set your thermostats on a schedule, can keep your home comfortable and help save you money. Simply create a favorite for the desired temperature, then assign that favorite to a schedule.
- Have your furnace inspected and serviced by a qualified professional at least once a year. Have your chimneys and vents cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year. (Not cleaning your chimney is the leading cause of chimney fires from built up creosote.)
- Make sure your portable space heaters have an automatic shut-off. Portable space heaters should be plugged directly into an outlet (not an extension cord) and placed at least three feet from anything that can burn; like bedding, paper, walls, and even people. (Place notes throughout your home to remind you to turn off portable heaters when you leave a room or go to bed.)
Get A Free Quote
Ready To customize your alarm system?
Call our office at (800)794-6277 or complete the form to have one of our sales consultants contact you.