- Never swim during a thunder/lightning storm.
- Teach children to swim. Practice often or join swimming lessons.
- Never leave a child unattended near water. Always be arm’s length without any distractions including engaging in a conversation, drinking alcohol, watching too many children, etc…
- Parents, guardians and babysitters should be trained in CPR.
- If your child cannot swim or is not strong in their swimming capabilities, make sure they have a proper flotation device when in and around the water.
- Every individual in a watercraft needs a flotation device on hand.
- Do not underestimate the power of water; the ocean, rivers and lakes can have big waves and undertows.
- Install fences, at least 4 feet high with self-closing latches, around pools.
- Remove toys from the pool area. Children could fall in while reaching for them.
- Feet first jumping. A head injury can happen while diving, messing around or hitting the bottom.
Get A Free Quote
Ready To customize your alarm system?
Call our office at (800)794-6277 or complete the form to have one of our sales consultants contact you.