Happy Holidays from your friends at Mahoney Alarms! While you’re enjoying the joy and magic this holiday season brings, it’s important to keep your family safe and your home secure. Here are some great safety tips to keep in mind while you relax and be merry!
Holiday Safety Tips
- Bundle up! The chilly temperatures call for puffy coats, hats & gloves.
- Wash your hands often. Especially being in contact with many family & friends.
- De-stress! Enjoy living in the moment & keep a positive attitude. Try setting the phone & computer down.
- Check on your kids often. Kids get excited with new places, crowds & experiences. Many locations are not as childproof as your own home.
- Drink responsibly. Use this link for money off your Uber ride. https://www.uber.com/promo/
- Having a household of guests this holiday season? Consider a Mahoney Alarm System. We monitor your Fire, Security, Carbon Monoxide & Low Temperature alarm system 24/7 right here in Glens Falls, NY. Give yourself the piece of mind you deserve when your family’s safety lies in your hands.
Christmas Tree Safety Tips
- Inspect your Christmas lights for any frayed cords or cracked bulbs before hanging them up.
- Blow out all candles when leaving a room. Check them all before going to bed. Turn off all lights prior to leaving the house.
- Always make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand and that it’s accessible & not expired.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source like fireplaces, radiators, candles and lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking any exits in case of an emergency.
- Make sure your tree is fresh and water is full.
- Do not over load lights by connecting more than 3 strings together. Also make sure the lights are not a tripping hazard by laying on the ground.
Home Security Tips while on Vacation this Holiday Season
- Keep your home well lit, inside & outside.
- An undisturbed, snow covered driveway lasting more than one day is an easy giveaway that you are away from home. Team up with neighbors & ask them to leave tire tracks while you are away.
- Be careful about broadcasting your vacation online. Break-ins happen when it’s known that you are away.
- Update your holiday call list before leaving. Let us know the exact date & times that you are making temporary changes to.
- The Virtual Keypad App allows you to automate your lights, temperature and locks from anywhere. Check your cameras, arm & disarm the system instantly, set codes for caretakers and pet sitters & view history of events all from your smartphone. It’s never been easier to leave your home when you have the piece of mind with a 24/7 monitored alarm system.