Happy Daylight Savings Time!
Sunday November 3, 2019 is time to “Fall Back.”
With daylight savings time, make it a habit (every 6 months or so) to take care of a few things around the house. These low maintenance items not only help to keep your home safe, but it allows your home to operate more efficiently.
- Test devices at least once a month using the test button.
- Make sure everyone in the home understands the sound of the alarm and knows how to respond. (example: accessible escape route)
- Replace all devices when they are 10 years old.
- Replace the device immediately if it doesn’t respond properly when tested.
- For devices with batteries, replace the batteries at least once a year.
Mahoney Alarms works to remind everyone of the simple, life-saving habit of changing batteries and testing devices when changing the clocks for daylight saving time. What battery do you need? Visit Energizer to view a list of commonly used batteries. Along with changing batteries, consider getting an inspection done on your alarm system. It is important to test all devices to ensure they are in good, operating condition and to make sure they are transmitting proper signals to our in-house central monitoring station.
Does The Time Change Spark Your Interest In Home Automation? Consider the Virtual Keypad App
- Arm & disarm your system in an instant.
- Check your cameras.
- Automate your lights, door locks & thermostats.
- Change user codes (good idea when using babysitters, caretakers, or housekeepers)
- See history of events.