- Inspect your Christmas lights for any frayed cords or cracked bulbs before hanging them up.
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room. Check them all before going to bed and prior to leaving the house.
- Have your furnace & chimney inspected by a professional.
- Always have a fire extinguisher on hand and make sure yours is accessible & not expired.
CHRISTMAS TREE SAFETY
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet away from any heat source like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heating vents, and lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking any exits, in case of an emergency.
- Always turn off Christmas lights before going to bed & prior to leaving the house.
- Keep your home well lit, inside & outside.
- An undisturbed snow-covered driveway lasting more than one day is an easy giveaway that you are away from home. Team up with neighbors and ask them to leave tire tracks while you’re away.
- Be careful about broadcasting your vacation online. Break-ins happen when it is known that you are away.
- Update your holiday call list before leaving. Let us know the exact date & times that you are making temporary changes to.